Home U.S. NEWS Man convicted of attempted murder in 2022 Sacramento nightclub shooting that left three people injured

Man convicted of attempted murder in 2022 Sacramento nightclub shooting that left three people injured

0
Man convicted of attempted murder in 2022 Sacramento nightclub shooting that left three people injured

A Sacramento Supreme Court jury on Thursday convicted a man who shot dead three people at a Sacramento nightclub last year after threatening employees, becoming involved in a major brawl and being thrown out of business by security guards, prosecutors said.

The Sacramento County jury found 29-year-old Miguel Robles guilty Three counts of first degree murder, two counts of attempted murder, two counts of criminal threats and one count of possession of a loaded firearm, the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release Friday.

His responsibilities also include improvements for firing a firearm, use of a firearm that causes serious bodily harm and personal use of a firearm.

The shooting occurred in the early hours of January 22, 2022 at El Bukanas nightclub on Block 7200 of Franklin Boulevard, just south of Florin Road in the Parkway neighborhood of Sacramento.

Robles was at the nightclub with a group of people watching a live band perform. Prosecutors said Robles took the stage and offered alcohol to the band members. One of the nightclub staff told Robles to leave the stage.

Prosecutors said Robles had started making threats against the clerk, saying he had an AK-47 and an AR-15 assault rifle in his truck and would “close this shop.”

Security guards asked Robles and his group to leave the nightclub. According to the district attorney’s office, Robles and his group then got into a major brawl at the nightclub.

The security forces forcibly evicted Robles and his group from El Bukanas. Prosecutors said Robles then repeatedly threatened the employee who originally asked to leave the stage and security guards, telling them he would kill them all.

That’s what the prosecutors said Robles faces a maximum sentence of 141 years to life imprisonment. Assistant District Attorney Chelsea Givens presided over the case against Robles.

shots were fired

Robles returned to the nightclub with a gun and continued to say he would kill everyone in front of him He fired five shots at the nightclub employee, security guards and a patron who had helped get Robles and his group out of the nightclub, prosecutors said.

The nightclub employee suffered a gunshot wound to the arm, a security guard suffered abrasions and the guest suffered a gunshot wound to the heel, the release said.

Prosecutors said Robles then threatened a man and his wife who worked at a taco stand outside the nightclub, telling them he was going to kill them because “they worked there.” According to prosecutors, he pointed a gun at each of them and pulled the trigger. But the gun was out of ammo.

Robles went back to his truck and shouted to the man and his wife that he was coming back to kill them, prosecutors said. The couple took photos of the suspect who had left the crime scene.

Sacramento police said it was a nightclub shooting The accident was reported around 1:20 a.m. and officers found the three injured. Officers provided first aid, and the victims of the shooting were taken to a hospital for treatment.

The shooting suspect was arrested the following night

The following night, less than 24 hours after the shooting, Robles was spotted at another nightclub. Prosecutors said sSome of the security forces there recognized him as the suspect in the El Bukanas shooting. They called 911.

At approximately 11:30 p.m. that night, police were notified that the suspect from the previous night was at a nightclub on Block 8400 of Folsom Boulevard in the College/Glen neighborhood.

Police said patrol officers spotted a vehicle leaving the area nearby and stopped the vehicle. One of the people in the vehicle was Robles, who was identified as a suspect in the shooting and taken into custody.

Robles remained in custody at the Sacramento County Jail on Friday. He is scheduled to return to the Sacramento Superior Court for sentencing on September 29.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here